Wednesday 6 January 2016

January Nail Art Challenge: Winter Berries

Hello!

This is my second post taking part in clairestelle8's January Nail Art Challenge! Here was my first post...

Snow and Ice

Today's theme is Winter Berries. My first thought was of holly, but then I came up with something a little different and more personal. Here in the UK we have a blackcurrant cordial drink called Ribena which is the staple of many a happy childhood. In the Winter months, when it's cold, I love to drink it hot! Delicious and comforting blackcurranty goodness.

I checked and blackcurrants are indeed berries, so for the challenge I recreated my favourite Winter drink using Vestido de Gala by Jade which is a rich, sparkling berry jelly glitter. To portray the swirling blackcurrant cordial I used a pattern from MoYou's Cookbook 04 stamping plate and Chrome Mauve by Models Own.


I quite like this mix of purples!

The next challenge theme is Favourite Animal, so hopefully I will be back with some purrfect nails...

Hugs,

Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx