Thursday 6 February 2014

Dragonfly & Glitter Manicure

Hello!

I think I've stumbled upon a look that I really quite like... a glitter gradient combined with little water decals as accents! This one uses my dragonflies from YRNails.

I just received a lovely parcel from Models Own in the post as I took advantage of their half price sale, and one of the polishes I chose was the lovely, holo-sprinkled purple glitter Southern Lights. Perfect for a gradient! I started off with a coat of OPI's Care To Danse as my sheer base, then sponged Southern Lights on top.


For the glitter gradient I did two layers of sponging and then painted a small amount of the glitter on top for extra sparkle. In retrospect I would have skipped the painting as I ended up with a very thick layer on my nails! But overall I am very happy to be able to look down at my nails and see sparkles and dragonflies ^_^

Hugs,

Lisa xx

4 comments:

  1. Your glitter gradients are so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That glitter is gorgeous!!! Also the firefly is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful design, so shiny and elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful look! The blue glitter looks great with the brown dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx