Thursday 12 September 2013

Autumn Gradient Manicure

Hello!

This morning I am over the moon because I finally did a colour gradient manicure that I'm proud of! Since the seasons have changed so suddenly I wanted something suitably autumnal, and I had two lovely polishes by Boots 17 in mind.

I've had Spiced Plum for about 2 years now and it's a quintessential rich Autumn shade. For my gradient I paired it with Wishing Star, a shifting shimmer with gold, champagne and copper tones.

To do the gradient I used a washing-up sponge of all things! I firstly applied a base of Spiced Plum to my nails, then I used the sponge to dab on a gradient of the two polishes (The Nailasaurus does an incredibly helpful tutorial here). Here it is:




Gradient successssss!

I'm really glad I didn't give up trying to do colour gradients and I'm definitely going to carry on practising. For now I am very happy with my seasonal mani ^_^

Hugs,

Lisa xx

2 comments:

  1. Love those colours. And congrats on the gradient success! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty! I'm going to have to reach for some autumn colours I think...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx