Sunday 31 March 2013

31 Day Challenge ~ A New Technique To You

Hello!

Today's challenge is to try a technique you've never done before, and I decided to be brave and go for a water marble! I've always thought my fellow polishers' marbles were absolutely stunning but the technique seemed intimidating and so I never tried it myself... until today :-)

With some kind advice from the Polishaholics Anonymous group and an extremely clear and helpful tutorial by Colette at My Simple Little Pleasures, I got a bowl of water and some polishes and gave it a try. I used 3 polishes from Barry M's Gelly collection - Pomegranate, Blueberry and Grapefruit - because they're thick and colour rich, and here is the result:



It is SO COOL!!! The colours are super-bright and give a stunning effect. As you can see, it's not a complete success story - I have some messy bits and imperfections. However, I had already been told that you need practise with this technique and so I was delighted that I got the marble effect, even though it's flawed. Although the manicure required some preparation, such as painting my nails a base white and taping around my nails for easier cleanup, it was not nearly as drawn-out or difficult as I feared it would be. I will definitely be trying again!

Hugs,

Lisa xx

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous!! The colours are amazing together! I must dare to try this some time :D x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx