Monday 5 September 2011

Glitter Gradient pt.2!

You know I mentioned I have Can't-Leave-It-Alone Syndrome?  Well, after trying and loving the purple glitter gradient, I decided to experiment with the couple of other glitters I have in my collection.

Firstly, as I said I would, I tried it with my INM Northern Lights silver holo glitter - but that was too fine, as opposed to W7's larger gritty stuff, and didn't do the glitter justice.

Then I tried with Bourjois' 1 Seconde pink glitter (showcased here) and that worked a bit better!  More subtle than the purple glitter but still very pretty.  I tried it out over five different colours, here we are:



Frosting!!  Here are close-ups of the individual nails:


Rimmel's Black Cab


Missguided's MissTique Teal Nail splash (I got this free with a magazine this Summer and it is BRILLIANT.  Beautiful colour, one-coat, formula smooth as a dream.)


Xtras' Lavender (seriously isn't a lavender, it's a baby pink :-/ )


Andrea Fulerton's Bright White, part of French Manicure set


17's Caribbean Coral

My personal favourites are over black and baby pink!

As an afterthought, I tried Andrea Fulerton's Gemstone Overcoat over Rimmel's Black Cab... and it looked pretty great!  Here it is:



Tomorrow is Polish-aholics Anonymous' Monday nail art challenge - something movie/book/television inspired.  It'll be my first challenge and not feeling too confident, but I'll have a go!

Lisa xx

1 comment:

  1. I love them all seriously. Great combos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx