Thursday 8 September 2011

Blue Rose Mani

Bonjour!

First of all, credit to Wacky Laki for inspiring me with her stunning nails!

My manicure is not nearly as good, but I am learning - and does anyone have any tips on how to get the best results with Konad stamping?  My stamper keeps either not picking up the design or only picking up part of it.  I found a tip online that advised gently filing the rubber stamper, and that did help, but I'm still getting patchy results.

Anyway!  The piccies!


Luckily the mani looks absolutely beautiful from arm's length, so I'm hoping that when I'm out and about people won't see the imperfections!  ;-)

For the base manicure I used Andrea Fulerton's French Manicure set in Bright White & Crème, £7.99 from Superdrug.  It's not my style to wear a plain French manicure, but it is a very good set and I enjoyed sprucing it up!  The rose print is from Konad plate m54 and the polish I stamped with is True Blue by 17.

I am writing this post on Wednesday night, because tomorrow I go to stay in a village with my lovely boyfriend for a few days!  I will be sneaking a few polishes into my bag just in case though!

Hugs,

Lisa xx

4 comments:

  1. OMG! I am seriously in LOVE with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^_^ Wacky Laki's is much better I can promise, but as soon as I saw it I was in love!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are being much to harsh on yourself. Your mani is beautiful, I'm honored to have inspired it :)

    As for the stamping, it is hard to say what goes wrong. I often have a hard time picking up delicate designs as well. Filing the stamper helps. Also, a different polish might work better. Keep playing with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the nice words and tips, I feel more confident from them. I will keep trying and experimenting! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx